The SBA Business Smart Toolkit is a ready-to-use workshop toolkit developed by the SBA. The workshop lays the groundwork for helping new and aspiring entrepreneurs launch a business idea and understand the steps to building a business that is credit ready. The information is laid out simply in three modules.
The three modules focus on:
- Basics of Business startup
- Essentials of becoming credit-ready
- How and where to find additional small business support and educational resources.
Each module has approximately 60‐90 minutes of presentation material. The modules can be presented in a one-day [or multiple day] workshop(s), depending on what is best suited for the individual community.
The toolkit is available online for download here and includes:
- Welcome Packet that includes tips and ideas for putting on a successful workshop
- Three PowerPoint presentations (one for each of the Ready, Set, and Go modules)
- Instructor Notes/guide
- Customizable flyers to advertise the workshop (available in Word and PDF formats)